Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data about a specific or identifiable person.
You may be asked to provide your personal information when you are in contact with a Killarnee service. Killarnee can use this data in accordance with data protection regulations and, if legally necessary, forward it to security authorities. You are under no obligation to provide the personal information we request, but if you choose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to your questions.
Below we have some examples of the ways we collect and process personal information.
What personal information we collect
- When you create an account, purchase a product, download software, register for a specific event or course, connect to our services, take an online survey or feedback, we may collect a variety of information including your name, your mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device IDs, IP address, location information, credit card information and profile information.
- If you share your content regarding the Killarnee services with family and friends, send products or invite others to participate in Killarnee services or forums, Killarnee may use the information you provide about these persons, such as name, postal address, e-mail Record address and telephone number. Killarnee will use this information to fulfill your inquiries, to provide the relevant product or service, or for fraud prevention purposes.
- In certain circumstances, we may request government-issued documents, including when creating an account or as required by law.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal data on the basis described in the data protection guideline for the purpose of fulfilling a contract, fulfilling legal obligations, providing services which would not function or not fully function without the respective data, or for legitimate interests. If you have any questions about data processing, you can contact the data protection officer.
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you updated on the latest news and upcoming events from Killarnee. If you do not want to be added to our mailing list, you can unsubscribe at any time by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to create, develop, operate, provide and improve our products, services and content, and to prevent fraud. We may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes, including protecting our services for the benefit of all of our users and pre-screening or scanning uploaded content for potentially illegal content, including material related to the sexual exploitation of children. If we use your information for anti-fraud purposes, this will result from conducting an online transaction with us. We limit our use of data for anti-fraud purposes to those that are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. For certain online transactions, we can also validate the information you have provided with publicly available sources.
- We may use your personal information, including your date of birth, to verify identity, help identify users, and determine appropriate services. For example, we can use the date of birth to block certain services due to legal restrictions.
- From time to time we may use your personal information to send important communications, such as Notices of purchases and changes to our terms and conditions and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Killarnee, you cannot opt out from receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal data for internal purposes such as audits, data analysis and research to improve products, services and customer communication.
- When you apply for a position at Killarnee or we receive your information in connection with a potential position at Killarnee, we can use your data to evaluate your candidacy and to contact you. If you are a candidate, you will receive further information at the time of application about how Killarnee handles the personal data of candidates.
Source of your personal data that does not come directly from you
We may have received your personal data from other people if that person shared or sent their content with you about products or invited you to participate in Killarnee services or forums.
If you are a potential candidate for employment with Killarnee, we may have received your personal information from third parties such as recruiters or external websites. We use the personal data we receive to contact you about a potential opportunity or to evaluate your candidacy.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that alone does not allow a direct connection with a specific person. We may collect, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. Below are some examples of non-personal information we collect and how we may use it.
- We can collect and anonymize information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location and time zone so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products and services.
- We can collect and store details about how you use our services, including search queries. This information can be used to improve the relevance of the results provided by our services. Except in limited cases to ensure the quality of our services over the Internet, such information is not associated with your IP address.
- If you take part in a study or a survey, this data will be processed and published. Data from these sources will never be personally related.
All anonymized, non-personal data are usually always published on stats.killarnee.org and made available for free use. If we combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Killarnee's websites, online services, interactive applications, email messages, online forms, and advertisements may use "cookies" and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons. These technologies help us to better understand user behavior, to tell us which parts of our websites have been visited by people, and to facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertising and web search. We always treat information collected through cookies and other technologies as personal data.
If you want to disable cookies, go to your browser preferences and deactivated them, or check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the Killarnee website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
As with most internet services, we collect some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring websites and applications, operating system, date / time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, administer the website, learn more about user behavior on the website, improve our products and services, and collect demographic information about our entire user base. Killarnee may use this information for research purposes.
In some of our email messages, we use a "click-through URL" that is linked to content on the Killarnee website. When customers click on one of these URLs, they go through a separate web server before arriving at the landing page of our website. We track this click data to determine interest in certain topics and to measure the effectiveness of our customer communication. If you prefer not to be followed in this way, do not click any text or graphic links in your email messages. Pixel tags allow us to send email messages in a format that customers can read and they let us know if emails have been opened. We can use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
It may be necessary - by law, legal process, litigation, or requests from public and government agencies inside or outside your country of residence - for Killarnee to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is necessary or appropriate for reasons of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public concern. We may also disclose information about you, but only if there is a legal basis to do so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect our operations or users.
Protection of Personal Information
Killarnee takes the security of your personal information very seriously. All of Killarnee's online services protect your personal data in transit with encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When Killarnee holds your personal information, we use limited access computer systems located in facilities that employ physical security measures. All data is stored in encrypted form, even if we use third-party storage.
When you use some Killarnee products, services, or applications, or post on any Killarnee forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you have shared will be visible to, and read by, other users, collected or used be used. You are responsible for the personal data that you pass on or transmit in these cases. For example, if you include your name and email address in a forum post, that information is public. Please be careful when using these functions. Please take care when using these features.
Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
Killarnee does not take any decisions involving the use of algorithms or profiling that significantly affect you.
Your Privacy Rights
You can ensure that your contact information and preferences are correct, complete, and current by logging into signin.killarnee.org. For other personal data that we hold, we will give you access (including a copy) for any purpose, including asking us to correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Killarnee is not required by law or for legitimate business purposes is obliged to keep it.
We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/exax, endanger the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. We may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe that doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for fraud and security purposes.
Third‑Party Sites and Services
Killarnee websites, products, applications and services may contain links to third party websites, products and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected from third parties, including location information or contact details, is subject to their privacy practices. We encourage you to read up on the privacy practices of these third parties.
If you have a Killarnee account and would like a report on the data processing of your account or a related service, go to signin.killarnee.org/privacy, there you can download a report on the data processing of your account. If you cannot access your account, contact support.
The information contained in this web site is subject to change without notice.
Killarnee, Wickenweg 35, 76199 Karlsruhe, Germany.
Last updated on October 23, 2020